Sunday 26 June 2016

New direction

Ok so having had a little go at techniques used by Julie Ryder I am now trying something a bit different. This time I have been inspired by Abyssimo https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=abyssimo who uses a lot of texture in her art. Her paintings are very abstract which is definitely not my style but she uses texture paste, crackle paste and lots of metallic as well as a patina rust affect which I just love. Her colours are vibrant and beautiful and I decided I wanted to give it a go myself. I mixed modelling paste with tissue paper to get a really chunky paste and spread it on in the shape of a butterful. Then I painted it using a mixture of matt and metallic acrylics. Once I was happy with it I gave the whole thing a coat of copper paint and then wiped most of it off to get a patina rust effect. I just love the result and I'm really happy with it and I really don't say that often!! Here is the below finished piece.
I'm also going to enter this piece in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog which can be found here. http://mixedmediamc.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/mixed-media-monthly-25-2nd-year.html?m=1
I haven't had the chance to look at since I had my daughter last year. Their theme this month is any theme from the last years worth of challenges. I think this more than fulfils the category of texture! Hope they like it!

1 comment:

  1. Mixed modeling paste with tissue paper - very cool! I am going to have to try that because that must make a really amazing texture!! Thank you so much for sharing and glad you came back to visit and play with us! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete