Sunday 26 June 2016

Still going for texture

Still inspired by Abyssimo and her wonderful textured pieces but also really loving nature right now. When England is in the full bloom of summer I believe there is nowhere else in the world that looks so lush and verdant. With this in mind I decided to create a four seasons tree. I saw another artist called Tim Gagnon creating similar pieces and decided to combine both influences. When I searched on Pinterest I came across this picture which also seemed to go perfectly with what I had in mind. Here is the photo with my piece of art next to it. This is the second time I have been really pleased with the outcome of my work. I am starting to really create pieces that I want to create rather than just going with commissions and increasingly I like what I am making. Maybe I have finally found a style that suites me.

The chronological look of seasons passing. Great to do with a familiar tree like one outside the home or at a favorite park.:


I'm going to enter this piece in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge as well.

Not only does it fulfil the criteria of texture (every single leaf added with a palette knife!!!) but it also is photo inspired.

1 comment:

  1. very very beautiful. love how you were inspired by a photo and brought it to life in a piece of art. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete