Wednesday 17 June 2015

More is always more with Mixed Media

So I was given a canvas that someone didn't want anymore. It was one of those instant art ones you can get in any homewares or DIY store. I wanted to do a canvas for my daughter Eva who is going to be 4 months old on Saturday to put in her room. It's quite big and I had to use several sheets of 12x12 scrapbook paper to get it covered and they went all bubbly where I put the PVA glue on and looked hideous so then I just kept adding and adding to try and cover it up and it progressively looked worse and worse and I almost decided to cover it over and start all over again at one point but it just goes to show that if you persevere with mixed media and keep adding then things grandually improve. I think that as the title suggests more is more when it comes to mixed media. I don't think you can ever overwork a canvas. Anyway here it is. Im pretty pleased with it now :) I must add that the owl in particular; the shape of her and her ears and eyes were inspired by this piece I found on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/pin/438467713698533045/

No comments:

Post a Comment