Friday 5 June 2015

My art so far



This is the first canvas I ever made. Given to a friend when she had moved into her new house. Still one of my favourites
A butterfly counts not months but moments and still has time enough. This one is now sold!
Im so disappointed that I didn't photography the final piece before I sold it. It eventually said 'Bloom where you are planted" It was inspired by this picture from Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/pin/438467713693693117/
Inspired by the textures from this piece of work https://www.pinterest.com/pin/438467713695667909/ Here is my trio



Made for my best friends daughter - "Happiness is swimming with dolphins"


An excerpt from the famous Christian Poem "Footprints in the Sand" This canvas is now sold


My favourite psalm; Psalm 91. Sold last year



This is the only one that I have made for myself. I have to remind myself that im ok.


Made for a friend going through a difficult time. The quote is of my own making.


My first commission from my cousin to make a canvas for her friend. My cousin is the girl on the left and her friend on the right.


One of my more recent and favourite ones, sold at a craft fair.


I wanted to try and get lots of movement into this picture but I have been perpetually unhappy with how its turned out. It doesn't seem to flow or gel like I want it to.


These ones are hung in my kitchen, I transferred 3 photos of my favourite place onto the canvas before decorating around them.


One of my very earliest. The little girl with the blonde hair is my friends daughter with her arm around her best friend. She is French and one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen.


Inspired by the swirls of colour from this picture https://www.pinterest.com/pin/438467713697933461/. I feel like I don't want to overwhelm this canvas with too much detail but somehow I feel it is missing something.


Another early canvas of mine. I loved the sentiment and made it for myself but then sold it and vowed I would make another but I never have.


My first canvas using tubes of book paper to create texture.
Another that I am just not happy with. I had a vision for how it would turn out and its just not what I wanted. It looks messy and scrappy. The quote is from Isiah and reads "You will be like a well watered garden, like a spring that never fails."


I just love the quote "Bloom where you are planted" and I used it again here. Again I used one of my own photos and transferred it onto the canvas before decorating around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment