Sunday 17 July 2016

Daliahs and another video

So I reeeeeally struggled with this canvas. I wanted it to have a delicate floral look but on reflection I think the texture paste I initially started with was too heavy. I don't think I will ever be fully satisfied with this but hopefully someone will like it and buy it off me. I also did my second process video for this canvas but I reworked it so many times it has become rather long. https://youtu.be/W3Yp31wikXE

I continued with it and kept in all the reworkings mainly because I think this is a process that everyone goes through and I wanted to 'keep it real' so to speak and let everyone see that I'm not perfect and that things require repeated effort in order to come out with a good result.

Here is the finished canvas and below a list of products I used.


30x30cm canvas
Tissue paper by Papermania
Windsor and Newton Modelling Paste
Toilet roll (!)
Daler Rowney Graduate Acrylic in Titanium White
doCrafts Artiste Arcylic Paints in the following colours:
  • Pearl
  • Wisteria
  • Antique Gold
  • Rose Pink
  • Vanilla Bean
  • Iris
  • Blackberry
  • Lavender
  • Amethyst
  • Banana Yellow
  • Christmas Green
  • Burnt Umber
  • Emerald Green
doCrafts Glitz it Glitter Glue in the following colours:
  • Rose Gold
  • Pink Powder
  • Soft Lavender
  • Clear Frosting
Large White Flowers - HobbyCraft
Pink Paper Cherry Blossoms - HobbyCraft
White Paper Cherry Blossoms - HobbyCraft

No comments:

Post a Comment